CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Thread Painting Class

I taught my Thread Painting class this past Saturday and everyone seemed eager and excited to be there and learn this technique. I was a bit nervous at first, since I was among some very talented quilters, but it went smoothly, as they all focused on their individual thread painting samples. It will be fun to see what they decide to create from these. Other techniques taught were how to fill in blank designs. In this case, the students used a drawing of a lizard or hot air balloon; and thread sketching or thread painting over a line drawing. Their lizards and balloons were so bright and colorful. What wonderful thread color choices they all made and I do believe it was everyone's favorite part of the class.

I enjoyed the opportunity to share my knowledge of thread painting with such a wonderful group of women who were so willing to learn. This a tote I made to use as a sample for the class and yes, all the leaves have been thread painted.

What do you think? Would you have wanted to learn this technique and taken this class? Leave a comment and I will send one of my thread painted clutches to the first three respondents.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Very interesting...I would have signed up for the class. The lovely colors in the tote make me ready for fall. Also, what great charity work with the wounded soldiers. ~Susan

Marilyn Robertson said...

Your bag is beautiful! Thanks for visiting my blog!