CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Operation Wounded Warrior

Well, today I must finish my quilt top for Operation Wounded Warrior. What is Operation Wounded Warrior? It's a VFW sponsored support group for soldiers who have been injured on the battle field. These wounded soldiers sometimes spend months in the hospital away from their familes and homes recovering. Our local VFW Riders take these quilts and other supplies and deliver them to soldiers in hospitals in Texas and California.

Our Quilt Guild Enchanted Quilters Guild supports this cause by making lap quilts. This year we are challenged to exceed the number of quilts we donated last year (I believe it was over 100). Since we are a relatively small guild everyone must do their part to make this happen and as the wife of an Army soldier, it gives me great comfort to know that I can do this one small thing for those who paid the higher price of sacrifice for our country. So, off to my sewing room to finish that top and if all goes well, I may get two finished before the next guild meeting.

No comments: