CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Pin Cushions


My sewing and quilting buddies here in town, frequent one of our favorite stores and it just happens to be a Bernina Center. We attend classes, learn new techniques, both sewing and quilting and just have a lot of fun getting together. One of our monthly clubs is a Sew Creative Club. Each month the owner gives us a free fat quarter for bringing in a show-n-tell. I challenged myself to make something each month from that free fat quarter and use the finished project as my show-n-tell for the next month. The gals who work in the store all have wonderfully different personalities, and laughingly refer to themselves as the Bernina Babes. So one month I decided to make these pin cushions for each of them, designed specifically around their personalities. The labels all have different names specific to each gal in the shop, i.e., Button Babe (she loves buttons), Queen Babe (she owns the store), etc. These were so much fun to make. For our next Sew Creative meeting I think I shall make them the latest project I found in my newest quilting magazine, which is a drawstring bag with pin cushion sewn inside and a needle case. I'll post it when they are finished.

No comments: