CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 23, 2010

Curved Slotted Ruler Quilt

I recently purchased two new rulers from Creative Grids that I'm excited about.  The first is Karla Alexander's Curved Slotted Ruler.  The concept once you do the cuts is the same as her stack the deck process, but instead you are working with curves.  Not a fan usually of curved quilting, but this one is very easy to put together.  Here is a pic of the blocks in progress.  Can't wait to see how it finishes up.

Leave a comment and tell me what you think.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi! How did it turn out? I had a friend tell me it was difficult to sew - did you find that? And, Can you tell me how big the blocks are size wise approx? I'm interested in this pattern for a graduation quilt but I'm kinda scared of it, I have to admit. Thanks,
Rebecca

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm new to quilting. I have made 5 quilts so far and they all have been with straight lines. I love this curved slotted ruler quilt and I would like to try making one. However, I haven't been able to find good instructions on how to sew the pieces so to show a curve but not form 3D lumps in my blanket. do you have any tips for me if so that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Katrina