CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Finished at Last




Today, I finally get to start my quilting for Valentine's Day.. yes, Valentine's Day. It's not that far away and I need to get some things made fast. Over the holidays, I finished up three quilts for our prayer quilt ministry which will be given to the recipients tomorrow. I am always touched when I hear how appreciative the recipients are of these quilts of love and their gratefulness for receiving one. I am thankful that I have the ability, means and support to make a quilt of love for someone else. When I think about my own trivial problems sometimes , and then get a request for a quilt for someone who is really in need, I am humbled and reminded that my world is blessed, and thankful that I have the ability to get up each day and make another quilt or something quilty. Here's a picture of the two latest ones. I did the one on the left and the 0ther one was done by another member in our ministry. Her pattern was a simple 9-patch believe it or not. It's one of those cut and reassemble blocks that I just love doing. She'll be teaching the group how to do it at our meeting in February.

3 comments:

Susan said...

Quilts of love--how fitting for Valentine's Day. This is a very good thing you do.

SRK Quilts said...

Thank you for those glowing remarks Susan. I would be glad to send you the pattern and instructions on how to make the bags if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

God Bless You for the work you do. It is truly a wonderful thing to use your gifts to help others.