CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Where to Put the Trash

Not too long ago, I purchased a 30-gallon plastic flip lid trash can for my sewing room.  You know the kind that you can't see inside of, but is tall enough to store a lot of fabric scraps?  I put all those end pieces and  project fabric strips into it for the day when I have nothing else to do and decide to crochet a rug or piece a strip quilt together.  I mean, seriously, I probably need one even bigger waiting for that day, but then who knows when that day will come, so I must be ready, right?

My wonderful, husband, who is so good about emptying all the trash cans the day before trash day, did his duty one night and yes, you guessed it, emptied my 30-gallon fabric scrap  trash can along with all the other trash.  You can only imagine and yes you would be right, how shocked I was, but it was then that I realized maybe that wasn't such a great idea after all and now I leave my fabric trash outside the door to my sewing room on trash day; it's healthier for our marriage and saves the poor guy from thinking, to take or not to take.  I mean, really was that a blooper on my part or what? 

Speaking of trash and scraps.  I have several quilting friends who have been drooling over my bag that hangs on the edge of my table when sewing and have decided today is the day I will finish two I started some time ago.  So, it's off to the scrap pile (yes, I have built it back up) and the sewing machine to finish those cute little trash bags.  I'll post the finished pictures to remind us all that one person's trash is always another person's treasure.  Lesson learned - creative storage needs a label and maybe a trash can isn't such a good idea? 

No comments: